Red Robot



This weekend I finally bought a graphics tablet. I'd seen Ingi Jensen use one during last year's Newcastle 24 hour comic day. His work on it was awesome. Sine then I've procrastinated about doing it, but now I have one.

I bought a really basic Wacom Bamboo Pen and tablet yesterday and I've been on it almost constantly. It is amazing although a little frustration. Getting the initial control doesn't take too long but the hand-eye co-ord stuff takes a bit of time. Not a single peice of paper or drop of ink was used.

This sketch is a robot I did as a trial. It seems to link in well with GIMP and it is easy to do some great looking work. I want to do comic and illustration type cartoon work like Ingi's here. But doing the painting stuff illustrations are great fun and really fulfilling.

Comments